Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Morning After ...

.
So here I am ... back on the couch where I belong. Turns out this Christmas stuff is hard work! The moms had a CONSTANT stream of people through here over the last few days ... everybody was really nice and in a good mood and everything and there were more crumbs than usual on the floor for us to do clean-up-crew.
.
And over at church I'm not sure what those people do all day but they sure did a lot of it ... Sunday there were six services and Monday there was one and my mom says it was "the best ever." Then last night we had seven people crowded into our tiny dining room having a big old turkey dinner that looked great from what I could see outside with my nose pressed against the french door window (to no avail, I might add!)
.
And then there were presents and wrapping paper EVERYWHERE and now ... as you can see ... things are winding down.
.
Harvey is sacked out in the bedroom on the new cedar-smelling dog bed we're supposed to "share" ... (I haven't quite got the hang of that sharing thing yet but I'm working on it) ... and the moms are back to hanging out on the computer and talking to people on the phone. Our Grandma called from Minnesota and a few minutes ago we got to talk to Jamie in Iraq (well, my mom talked to him ... we just listened on this end!)
.
She says the best present she got was a picture of him in his Santa hat handing out Christmas cards to the troops over there in Iraq ... the people at church signed over 400 of them and shipped them over to say "Merry Christmas."
.
I know my mom preached about the "Peace on Earth Part of Christmas" this year and I guess that would REALLY be the best Christmas ever, wouldn't it? For there to be a "morning after" all the wars and hatred and hurting people and everybody could just take a big old nap on their couch like I'm planning to do for the rest of the day.
.
So Merry 2nd Day of Christmas, everybody! And let' s not give up on the peace on earth part, deal?

No comments: